Re: Another way to do audit in DML operations in PostgreSQL >= 14

Thanks to all!!

Yes Bruce.  You are right about the selects.  My mistake.
We need to audit the DQL, DML and DDL executed into the databases.
I considered using Syslog, but our PostgreSQL instances use AWS RDS and Aurora Services only.  I think that is not possible in this instances type.
And I know that the PostgreSQL log files wasn't to be used for this and looking for another way to have this audit done without problems.
Cheers!!

Lucio Chiessi

Senior Database Administrator

Trustly, Inc.

M: +55 27 996360276

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 9:03 PM Ron Johnson <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 9:29 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 08:54:52PM -0800, S Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Lucio Chiessi,
>
> Dealing with large volumes of data can be a challenging task. If you struggle
> with this issue, one possible solution is to consider using external logging
> services. Specifically, asynchronous logging services or external logging
> services that are designed to handle streaming data may be effective options to
> explore. Some popular external logging services in this regard include
> Elasticsearch and Spunk, known for their ability to handle large volumes of
> data. If you have any questions or want to explore other options, please let me
> know.

Would remote syslog be an option too?

rsyslog feeding Qradar is great, but a DBA still needs his own logs.  If there's a way to spit only pgaudit logs to rsyslog, and leave everything else go to stderr, I'd be a very happy camper.

Please read our privacy policy here on how we process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and other applicable data protection legislation.