How to output psql to file AND screen/console

Hi,

Is there any way for psql to output to the console AND file at the same time?
\o redirect the output to the file but at the same time it suppresses the output to the console :(

I am wanting to redirect the output to a file for the psql session for the SQL/SQL-script that I ran while at the same see the same output to screen.

Thought I can use tee -a but I can't :(
Using script [outputfile] seems to work. Just thought maybe there is any other psql trick besides using script. The script has lots of control characters :(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Edwin