Re: Database log in

>> MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> > I don't have a problem with hundreds or thousands of logins per minute
>> > on RDS or bare metal, even with only 8 CPUs and 32GB RAM.  There is
>> > something else in play here...
>>
>> Yeah.  The OP didn't mention the authentication method in use, but I could believe some sort of
>> performance glitch if it consults an external server (for Kerberos, AD, LDAP, etc).
>> Or maybe it's basically a network problem between client and server.
>>
>> 			regards, tom lane

Auth method is local password.  The AWS RDS Instance does have Kerberos enable so there is ONE role
that authenticates via AD.  I was thinking, maybe, that the local ID was mistakenly trying to authenticate
via AD, failing, and then authenticating locally??  I do have a ticket open with AWS to inquire about this.
Also, I will use strace to gather more info.

Thank you, Kim.