Re: pg_dumpall and owner of the extension

kaido vaikla <kaido.vaikla@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Yes, i have a real problem. To keep things clear in database, my design is:
> - every application has own schema
> - every schema has owner who is not a user postgres
> - only schema owner can do DDL's on schema

> So if some application needs some extensions, then i give temporary
> suppersuser privilege to schema owner,
> if "create extension"  needs it, extensions are installed "with schema"
>  And revoke suppersuser privilege after extension inatall.
> I'm not sure, is it my design against postgres concept or not :(.

Well, it's certainly creating a problem for pg_dump: the alleged owner
of the extension doesn't have enough privilege to install it.  The
easiest way to make pg_dump support this would be to have it issue
something like

SET ROLE extension_owner;
CREATE EXTENSION foo;
RESET ROLE;