Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Need help with slow query - postgres 12 on linux RHEL 8

Here is also the link from explain.depesz.com
https://explain.depesz.com/s/p89J#html

On 12/28/23, 7:49 AM, "depesz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:depesz@xxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:depesz@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of NASA. Please take care when clicking links or opening attachments. Use the "Report Message" button to report suspicious messages to the NASA SOC.

On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 09:40:41PM +0000, Wilson, Maria Louise (LARC-E301)[RSES] wrote:
> Hello folks!
>
> I am having a complex query slowing over time increasing in duration.
> If anyone has a few cycles that they could lend a hand or just point
> me in the right direction with this – I would surely appreciate it!
> Fairly beefy Linux server with Postgres 12 (latest) – this particular
> query has been getting slower over time & seemingly slowing everything
> else down. The server is dedicated entirely to this particular
> database. Let me know if I can provide any additional information!!
> Thanks in advance!

Hi,
we'd need `explain (analyze, buffers) select ...` for your query.

Ideally, could you put it on https://explain.depesz.com/ <https://explain.depesz.com/>, with query and
`\d`, and provide us with link?

Best regards,

depesz