Re: Case sensitive grant statements in pg14?

Tom,
Thanks for the suggestion.  As mentioned previously restarting the postgresql service seems to have fixed the issue.  Which would tend to rule out terminal issues.
If it happens again, I'll try the "log_statement = 'all' " setting and see if anything untold revels itself.

Until the next bought of weirdness...
rik.

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 3:43 PM Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joe Conway <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I forget the specifics, but I have seen issues before if the terminal
> encoding and client encoding don't match. Could it be something like that?

Theoretically, if the example is all-ASCII, that shouldn't matter.
But for sure there is something weird happening.

One idea for investigation is to set log_statement = 'all' and
then see how the troublesome command shows up in the postmaster log.

                        regards, tom lane