Re: Reindex concurrently

Hello,

The result is when I run the function; "Reindex concurrently cannot run inside a transaction block. "

Of course, it works as follows, but in my building, I taken the scripts same like as follows but when I run this in function, I got the error message.

REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY "players_id_idx";

commit;

REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY "players_about_idx";

commit;

According to my research, the only way to do this is to write a bash script in Linux and insert it with the loop. But since I want to manage this in the database system, I wanted to ask here.

We've been building a index maintenance scripts but in the function it doesn't work with concurrently, is there a way for manipulate that ? Just for example ; The reindexes are working without function. Have a nice day!

select index_stat.test ();

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION index_stat.test()

RETURNS void

LANGUAGE plpgsql

AS $function$

begin

REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY "players_id_idx";

commit;

REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY "players_about_idx";

commit;

end;

$function$

;

Hello,

"doesn't work with" isn't a good description. Please always include the error message given.

What I would suggest instead is try using a procedure instead of a function.

Cheers

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012