Logical replication issue, pg 13.9

I’ve got one instance with a couple of databases on it, that my developer wants one table replicated from one db to another. I manually created the logical replication slot and when I created the subscription I used the manually created slot with create_slot=false, I first set up the publication in the source db, and then setup the subscription in the target db, but the target is not updating and I’m not sure why. The pg_replication_slots table in the target db shows that active is false. I’ve tried recreating it but it never goes active. Is this actually possible, to replicate from on db to another in the same cluster? Am I missing something?
—
Jay

Sent from my iPad