Re: Operating system upgrades on PostgreSQL nodes using streaming replication

On 11/8/23 06:29, Rahat Agivetova wrote:
Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade the operating system from Centos 7 on Primary and Standby PostgreSQL nodes that use streaming replication to RHEL 8. What is the recommended order to upgrade OS from Centos 7 to RHEL 8? Standby first, then Primary? Can there be a small time gap between the upgrades or not?

libc change means possible collation change.  That means I'd do them both at the same time, then rebuild any indices with TEXT, CHAR or VARCHAR fields.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.