Recovering standby from primary archived WAL segments

Hello community,

I want to ask how we should configure primary and/or standby servers in case of need to recover the standby server from primary archived WAL segments.

In the scenario, standby server has down because of some server issues for 3 days while primary server has been working well and generating WAL segments and archiving them as configured. (You can consider primary server is configured to archive WAL segments setting the parameters archive_mode, archive_command and even restore_command.)  After 3 days in this scenario, the problem in the standby server has been solved and we want to recover the standby from primary archived wal segments and continue the streaming replication as well instead of reinitializing the standby. My expectation in this case, postgres must manage itself to restore and send the archived WAL segments in the primary site which is required from standby server for recovery itself without any manuel intervention by DBA. If it is possible, how primary and/or standby servers must be configured?

Thanks for your kind investigations.

İyi çalışmalar
Best Regards