Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

Hello,

I appreciate the responses from Ron and Ramana.

Now Error Message:- "pg_dump: error: connection to database "ngbrpesb" failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied"

File names attempted:-

  1. C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\pgpass.conf
  2. C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\.pgpass
  3. C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf
  4. C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\.pgpass

A.1) On my laptop initially, I had only subdirectory called   C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin and no sub directory called 'postgresql'.

A.2) I tried using the subdirectory pgAdmin first when pg_dump did not have success, I created sub directory postgresql under C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\

B.3) Initially, I tried to create the file pgpass.conf.

B.4) When I did not have success in the step B.3, I also tried to create a file by name .pgpass as per some of the documentation. In both cases B.3 and B.4, I am getting the same error message as stated above.

I created .pgpass file in C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\postgresql but when I run pg_dump command I got the same above error message.

I also tried using the file name pgpass.conf from the local directory,  C:\Users\N28068\AppData\Roaming\postgresql and I am getting the same error message.

When pgpass.conf file did not run successfully, I changed the file name .pgpass and tried the same again.

Thanks,

Sarwar