Re: Why isn't there a IF NOT EXISTS clause on constraint creation?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 5:03 PM richard coleman
<rcoleman.ascentgl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Those that already have the index are skipped, those that are missing it get it created.  For the primary keys, there's no such option.

I don't see why such an option should exist for primary keys, since it
seems to me a problem of design within your schema.
At the moment, you have to manually check against primary keys, and
that should not be that hard.
In the future, a deployment tool like sqitch could help you get rid of
this kind of panic.

Luca