Re: Parallel WAL Archival Options

Greetings,

* Nikhil Shetty (nikhil.dba04@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I would like to know which backup&restore tools will be better for
> scenarios where the database is generating around 400 WALs per minute.
>
> We are using wal-g but it is not able to keep pace with the wal generation.
> We increased the upload streams to 256 but no luck

pgbackrest also does parallel WAL archiving and is able to handle
large volumes of WAL and we'd love to hear how well it works for you.

Feel free to reach out via a github issue if you have trouble making it
able to keep up.

Do be sure to also test that you're able to actually perform restores in
whatever timeframe you expect to be able to with that kind of WAL
generation.

Thanks,

Stephen