Re: Managing LDAP User permissions

That is approach adopted by my previous federal client when an employee or contractor  rolls out of the project.
Thanks,
Sarwar

From: Wetmore, Matthew (CTR) <Matthew.Wetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2023 11:10 AM
To: sbob <sbob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Managing LDAP User permissions

Removing user from ldap config will not remove from PG.

As Far As Best Practices, I have always Expired the password in PG and comment on that employee left.  We still leave the user intact (with expired psswd) for any audit need.
Expiring the psswd also gives you an exact timestamp in the db when they were denied db access.