strange behavior of pgbouncer

Hi,

I am using pgbouncer 1.16 that is installed on host A and users are connecting through pgbouncer on host A  to connect to the postgres database that is installed on host B. Postgres db version is 12 and both hosts are running on Centos 7 OS.

I have 2 users in userlist.txt file user1 and user2. Both users have the same passwords.

Through Pgbouncer, if I connect through user1 I get an error message of "password authentication failed", but I don't get this error while I connect through user2, although the "passwords are the same" and Previously both users were working fine.

I don't know what happened that caused that error.

I checked pgbouncer and db logs both but both log files have the same issue i.e. password authentication failed for user1 while I try to connect through pgbouncer using user1.

and when I use the same password to connect to the db directly by both users user1 and user2 , I don't get any error.

Could you help me with this? How can I troubleshoot this? Is there any way to block any particular user from connecting through pgbouncer? How to check this ?