Re: ERROR: could not serialize access due to concurrent update

On Tue, 2023-05-16 at 18:39 +0530, ROHIT SACHDEVA wrote:
> I am getting this error in the application logs, and this error is frequently coming.
> Could someone suggest what would be the best solution to overcome these types of errors.
> Isolation of the database is read committed. Should I change the isolation?
>
> Also foreign table scan is there on query.
>
> It's a postgres_fdw i am using.

That is normal if you modify any data via FDW, because one local query can result in several
foreign queries, which have to see the same snapshot of the data.

Repeat queries that fail that way, and keep your transactions as short as you can.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe