Re: Partman maintenance function issue

On Thu, May 4, 2023 at 9:54 AM Ameya Bidwalkar <bidwalkar.ameya10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Folks ,

We are moving from native partitioning to partman based partitioning. We used this doc to migrate the existing set to partman https://github.com/pgpartman/pg_partman/blob/master/doc/migration_to_partman.md

All the old partitions are renamed and new partitions were also created in the initial setup with partman.create_parent function with the premake values. Now we want to run maintenance to create the next set of partitions for the future .
We are trying to run the command

select partman.run_maintenance(

p_parent_table := '<schema_name>.<table_name>');

 This command gives error

SQL Error [P0001]: ERROR: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """"
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function partman.run_maintenance(text,boolean,boolean) line 374 at EXECUTE
DETAIL:
HINT:
  Where: PL/pgSQL function partman.run_maintenance(text,boolean,boolean) line 408 at RAISE

If someone can help understand the cause of the error ,it would be helpful for debugging.

If you can please provide the full schema of the partitioned table set (\d+ schemaname.tablename) plus the contents of the configuration table for this partition set, I can try and see what the problem is.

Keith