Re: unknown postgres ssl error "could not accept SSL connection: Success" and timeout

On May 4, 2023, at 4:16 AM, Holger Jakobs <holger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

archive_mode = on
archive_command = '/bin/true'
archive_timeout = 300

This is awkward. If you want archiving, use a command which does archiving, not /bin/true, which does nothing. Otherwise, turn archiving off and leave archive_command empty.

That is exactly how I setup a system that has archive_mode turned off.  I never set archive_mode to off; as it very likely that I want to enable it in the future. When using “true” instead of off it allows the option to enabling/disabling arching without having the bounce the instance which requires scheduling downtime that is very difficult to get.