Re: DBMS_LDAP equivalent utility in PostgreSQL

Postgres supports LDAP with config (pg_hba.conf).  That config is not exposed on RDS.

With RDS, you can enable IAM authentication.  This uses IAM for authentication.  You must enable the feature on your RDS instance, create an IAM user / policy, and finally grant rds_iam to the database user.  Users with iam authentication have to call "aws rds generate-db-auth-token" vs and use the response as their password when connecting.

It might be possible to further mix solutions or automate things on AWS, but, those are the building blocks.

There's a link with all the supported RDS Postgres extensions below.