Upgrade from PostGIS 2.3 to 2.5.5 in PostgreSQL 11 error

Dear all,

I'm facing an issue while upgrading from PostGIS 2.3 to 2.5.5 in PostgreSQL 11. I used the following command to upgrade the extension:

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE;

However, after executing the command and exiting the psql terminal, the database went down and the logs showed the following error:

The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory

I've tried to restore the database from a recent backup, but the issue persists. I'm seeking help from the community to resolve this issue.

I would be grateful if someone could assist me with resolving this issue. I'm available to provide any additional information or logs that may be helpful.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Ghadeer.