Problems with unique constraints

I had troubles with some unique constraints recently.

They simply didn't work, not seeing some records (select found only 47 records with specific values instead of 65, insert could create duplicate records).

The constraint were on multiple columns. Drop constraint and create constraint fixed the problem.

This happened on two servers :

- a version 10 server,  where an abnormal poweroff happened 6 months ago, found 3 tables with the problem throughout last 6 months.

- a test server, found the problem on 1 table after upgrading version 10 to 14

Anythng similar happened to anybody ?
How can I find out if similar problems are present ? constraint and index looked ok and were used