MV refresh only when master tables changes

Hello everyone,

In oracle we have user table sys.all_mviews which will have columns like staleness and compile_state which shows us whether data in MV is in sync with master tables or not and we can refresh MV if compile_state is not valid or staleness is not fresh or unknown . Is there any same way to do refresh of MV in Postgres without having triggers on master tables or scheduling refresh for every 2 hours or so. Please pour your suggestions.

Thanks