Re: Facing issue with cert authentication

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 4:19 PM Ed Sabol <edwardjsabol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 22, 2022, at 7:46 AM, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That syntax is not supported by PostgreSQL, and I cannot think of a better
> way than to create the role with an upper case "S".

That sounds like the solution for Dhirendra. Is there some trick to doing that?
Dhirendra said the username was converted to lowercase when he tried....

Actually, what they said at the end was:

"I can create the user with uppercase 'S' by double quoting the username. but the script which creates the user will do the same for all users which i do not want."

So the trick is already known here - use quoting.

Assuming all these IDs really begin with a capital letter S, Samed's suggestion of having the pg_ident.conf file hard-code the lower-case s into the resultant name (i.e., just copy over the numbers) is probably the easiest solution.

David J.