Re: Possible options to import xml files from desktop to postgress/AWS-RDS

Hello Sarwar,
There are countless ways to import xml files into PostgreSQL. For example, if you want to keep them as a file, you can store them on a ByteA column or as a large object. Or, if you prefer to keep them as text, you can store them on a text column.

Do you need to parse an XML file and populate the data into a table? You can write a script to parse it and insert into the target table. Or, you can use xml functions of PostgreSQL to parse them by feeding the content of your XML file and directly store their outputs. I can't mention all possibilities here. :) I'm putting some links below. RDS for PostgreSQL has a special extension to access files in S3 buckets. It doesn't support XML. But, it can be useful to fetch data from S3 to feed XML functions in PostgreSQL.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/xml2.html
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/USER_PostgreSQL.S3Import.html

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM