Re: need suggestion on querying big tables

Hi all,
Thank you for your suggestions.

I have created the index, if i run explain plan on individual table , the cost is reduced and count on the both the table is giving result.

But when we do inner join on two big table. it is increasing the /dev/shm usage and failing with error "could not resize shared memory segment : no space left on device" some time (i think I ran 2 query on the same table )and some time memory is reaching 100 percentage.

Early (in the beginning)when we run the query , it ended up with Same error. We increased work_mem to 10gb and reduced max_worker_processes to 1. After that I didn't see that error.

Do we need to increase the memory? Will it help??

Partition I don't think app team to confirm on that. I have proposed it