Re: SSL Implementation

Am 12.10.22 um 13:10 schrieb jagjit singh:
Hi All,

I want to implement SSL over the postgresql database. If any one has a technical document or step by step implementation guide please share with me.

Thanks in advance

If you want to use SSL (aka TLS nowadays) to connect to your PG cluster, have a look here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SSL

When using PG from a repository, connection encryption is already compiled in, so you just have to set up the configuration.

In case of a Debian installation, it will be active right from the beginning, because the Debian packages install some snakeoil certificates and activate "SSL = on", while Red Hat installations don't do that. You will have to provide some certificates yourself.

Best Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012