Re: WAL restore is very slow

First off, why are you still running on a rather small r5 instance? AWS has had r6 instances available for some time, and they’re faster and more efficient. Of my some 30 instances which I take care of, I haven’t had any r5’s in quite some time.

And it sounds here that you’re running on an EC2 instance as well. Is there some reason you haven’t gone to RDS? Cluster configuration in RDS uses an internal RDS specific replication method that does not involve WAL files.
—
John

Sent from my iPad