logical replication help

Hi there

We have a ruby on rails application that does a full rebuild daily.  Currently we have 1 web server running nginx and a db server running postgres 10.

Currently the rebuild takes the site down for a couple of hours.

My plan to solve this is to create a second postgres server and carry out the db rebuild daily on this new server and then use logical replication to copy this back to to the original server, before updating the ruby on rails applications database.yml file to point to the new database.

Will this solution work?  Is there anything I should be aware of?

There are other databases on the original server hence the reason for doing logical replication.

Thanks

Stuart