Re: postgresql definitive list of network resources used/needed?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 10:38:51AM -0400, richard coleman wrote:
> Tom,
>
> [...]
>
> It seems less likely with every exchange that a listing of network ports
> used/needed does exist.  That's a shame.
>
> I guess if I find myself in the situation where I really need that listing,
> I'll have to dust off my *extremely* rusty C skills and pour through the
> source code.

You are probably better off using the tools your platform/OS provides you with
to gather that information at runtime. Assuming GNU/Linux, there's ss(8) and
lsof(8) to superficially monitor TCP connections and activity.

If you are lucky enough to have bpftrace(8) available, you can cobble
something together on your own, or resort to the provided tcpaccept(8) script
to gather interesting data points, and draw your conclusions from that.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/