Re: Many databases ou many schemas

ditto to Laurenz!  We both must have written at the same time!

On 05/20/2022 10:13 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2022-05-20 at 11:03 -0300, Daniel Bergmann wrote:
Folks ! who can help, I'm migrating a sql server system that contains many databases
and that the queries in these make join between the databases, going to postgres I
create a database with only several schemas? or several databases using dblink to
do the joins? in case of a single database how can I manage the tablespaces?
per schema (1 schema in 1 tablespace) ?
If you want to join the tables, use different schemas in a single database.
dblink or foreign data wrappers would just add additional complexity and
slow down operation.

Don't create any tablespaces, keep everything in the default tablespace.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe