Re: New Oracle system in our house, migration chances

> >Hi Achilleas,
> >I would go with version B - since as I understand it's ISV
> >solution. Meaning the postgres ddl was tested and aligned with the
> >application layer, otherwise you would need to fix app layer after
> >the migration.
> Dziekuje Alicija. The powerbuilder app is in-house developed, source
> is available, what could be wrong with the app? Browsing through the
> powerbuilder source I don't see (by eye) anything that could break
> something in PgSQL.
> >
> --
> Achilleas Mantzios
> DBA, Analyst, IT Lead
> IT DEPT
> Dynacom Tankers Mgmt

Hi Achilleas,

If the schema and usage is straight-forward, I would recommend using
ora2pg to give you an estimation cost for your migration by letting you
know what cannot be automatically translated. Once you have that you
will be better informed as to the work needed.

Regards,
Ken