Re: PGXN installation failure for Postgres Image of PostgreSQL 12 and 13 versions.

Going to https://pgxn.org/dist/temporal_tables/, I discovered that the latest version is 1.2.0, which was released in 2017. The CHANGELOG mentions adding support for PostgreSQL 10. I think you are trying to use it with PostgreSQL 12 or 13. Do you see the problem? That version of the temporal_tables extension does not support any version of PostgreSQL greater than 10.

The https://pgxn.org/dist/temporal_tables/ web page also has a link to the GitHub repository for the project: https://github.com/arkhipov/temporal_tables

If you go there and view the commits, you'll find that the most recent commit "make(s) temporal_tables extension compile with PostgreSQL 13". Unfortunately, it hasn't been released yet. I would advise cloning the GitHub repository and trying to compile that version. If you have problems, you should take it up with the temporal_tables developer by filing an issue at https://github.com/arkhipov/temporal_tables/issues. There's nothing the PostgreSQL team can do to help here.

Hope this helps,
Ed