Re: problem about reindex

Hi again Julien,
I am very grateful for your explain and solution. I understand the issue.
Thank you so much again.

Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@xxxxxxxxx>, 22 Eyl 2021 Çar, 15:16 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 8:06 PM liam saffioti <liam.saffiotti@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, the operating system was upgraded from RHEL 7.9 to 8.4.

After a quick check it seems that RHEL 7.X comes with glibc 2.17 and
RHEL 8?X comes with glibc 2.28.  So unfortunately all your indexes
using collatable datatypes are corrupted.  See
https://postgresql.verite.pro/blog/2018/08/27/glibc-upgrade.html for
more details.

> Does this mean that I will do reindex operation on all indexes in the system?

Only indexes using collatable datatypes.

> Or how can I detect corrupted indexes due to upgrade?

That's not easy, as you have to check all directly used columns, but
also _expression_ and predicates.  You could use amcheck to detect
corrupted indexes, but it will be quite costly.

If you're not sure of how to do that, a database-wide REINDEX on each
database is safer.

> Also shouldn't it be seen in the log in case of corruption, like this  "ERROR: could not read block xxx in file".

Unfortunately no, because it's a "logical corruption", due to an
underlying ordering change.