Re: Secure LDAP auth on windows machine inside domain

Hi Rocco,

For Postgres server to ldap (AD), it looks like ldaptls was added to documentation for v10 (see
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/auth-methods.html#AUTH-LDAP).

Using Active Directory for Authentication can be done (check archives of this list it's, been covered).  Honestly outside of what has already been covered in other posts, I don't think I have much to add.  Most of what you need to do is external to Postgres (such as determining your ldap search criteria and verifying connection details).  Once you have all of that, updating the pg_hba.conf file is straight forward.

Best regards,

Dan Smith