Re: WALWriteLocks

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:38 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My gues is that you have too many active client connections, and you are suffering
from contention between the many backends that all want to write WAL.

In that case, use a connection pool to limit the number of active connections.

We do have pgbouncer in place already.

Thanks for the replies so far.

What I really want to know in this case is if there is some other PG operation that accounts for a WALWriteLock wait, or is it always an I/O (write) to the WAL file storage, and we can focus our investigation there?

Don.

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us