Re: Replication & TLS encryption - how?

On 07/04/2021 17:36, Tom Lane wrote:
lejeczek <peljasz@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
A novice here thus please go easy on me as I ask this - I
see docs/howtos all over the place be those either talk of
encryption or replication. I failed to find one which blend
these two concepts together - sure it's possible to pgSQL
replication encrypted, right?
Replication connections work exactly like normal sessions for
this purpose.  Just make sure you set any required parameters
in the standby's connection string.

			regards, tom lane

Thanks. Would you know how '|clientcert=1' fits into the equation?
With it present in pg_hba.conf pgSQL was not happy saying:

FATAL:  connection requires a valid client certificate.