Re: pg_upgrade(?) not cleaning up old extensions

Thomas Kellerer <shammat@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Tom Lane schrieb am 06.02.2021 um 18:09:
>> Yes, that view is supposed to list the versions that are available
>> to be installed.

> So if it is expected to see multiple versions through that view,
> then why do the multiple versions go away when I dump & reload
> the database?

Oh, sorry, -ENOCAFFEINE.  I was thinking of
pg_available_extension_versions, which does what I described.

As for pg_available_extensions, that should produce just one row
per extension control file.  The only way I can see for it to
produce more is if you have duplicate entries in pg_extension,
which also seems unlikely if not impossible.  Maybe you should
provide more detail about exactly what you are seeing, what is
in pg_extension, and what is in your installation's
.../share/extension/ directory.

			regards, tom lane