Re: reindexing db

Hi Ron,

> On 08. Dec, 2020, at 06:42, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Changing subjects, but the thought of reindexing every index, whether it needs it or not, in one command, seems like a crime against database administration.

hmm, yes, I agree to *some* point. But also think about possible changes in glibc and the collation problems corrupting indexes that come with it. So, you do a reindexdb deliberately to protect yourself against index corruption because PostgreSQL can't know by itself that it needs such protection because it doesn't know of any changes in glibc.

So, it's not a crime against database administration but rather a means of defense for a database administrator against an external crime attacking the database.

Cheers,
Paul