Re: Streaming Replication replay lag

Check replication settings:
max_standby_archive_delay
max_standby_streaming_delay
hot_standby_feedback

These can delay wals being applied to the replica while queries are still running.

Regards,
Michael Vitale

Nikhil Shetty wrote on 11/24/2020 9:24 AM:
Hi,

We have one Primary and three Standby Postgresql setup. Two standby in DC and one standby in DR.

We have configured streaming replication.When there are a lot of write transactions in the master, we observed that DR lags behind the master for 5-6 hours. We initially thought this could be because of the slow network between DC and DR and this is normal but when we saw the replay_lsn and receive_lsn , they had a huge difference.

DR standby was receiving the WAL's in time and there was no delay, the delay was in replaying the lag. Can anybody point me to where I can start with the investigation? DC (Master and 2 Standby) and DR(Standby) have the same setup in terms of storage and some database configuration parameters but DR has a little less CPU and RAM.

Attaching replay and receive wal difference.