Checking for valid UUID values?

Hi: we have a vendor who despite their best intentions will sometimes generate invalid UUIDs. I would like to ignore these records.

I am trying to insert their data into my table and with a programming language I'd use some sort of try/catch to try casting their UUIDs to actual UUIDs: does PSQL offer any kind way of doing this?

INSERT INTO mytable SELECT uuid FROM vendor WHERE ..... is_valid_uuid(uuid) IS NOT NULL? Or something?

Which would essentially try/catch casting to UUID and returning NULL if it's bad. At which point I send a politely worded letter to my vendor.