Re: Encryption in pg_dump

On 7/22/20 1:55 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 03:24:16PM +0200, Paul Förster wrote:
Hi Vinod,

On 20. Jul, 2020, at 14:40, vinod kale <vinod16895@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Team,

I am using postgresql 10.8 version in our prod environment. We take dump backup on daily basis of full database. And this dump backup creates in human readable format.
My requirement is backup should creates in encrypted format at the time of pg_dump running.
Is there any way or any option available in pg_dump that will creates the backup in encrypted format or any tool available for same.
sorry, no way. The only way you have is to pipe the output of pg_dump through some encryption tool. pg_dump does not offer to create encrypted dumps directly using some command line option.
Does anyone know why we are getting so many requests for encrypting
dumps all of a sudden?

	July 20  CAD7GeHRZ3tu8y9VG_0juVK3RQq6r+t6HciguEz_C8Eh85Hmq3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	July 10  CALLD-SGTbu0HCW8NGVg+ycC8PKn9opcbN7aw4CvLj3OVC-hw=Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	July  8  CAFiui6G0sgLoURsK61vmiPR1Amd7PQt82cvgdmZ7+ukdsbV1QQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx