creative work-arounds to obtain auto_explain's benefits for non-superuser

I gotta admit.   The logging of auto_explain is an embarrassment of riches.

But most operational work is not done under the superuser role but one with the lowest opportunity risk of compromise.    I'd like to be embarrassed by an operator role.   Any Mcgeyors out there with ideas to be thus embarrased?

Honestly, the only solution I've come up with is to duplicate every non-superuser SQL object in a superuser-ONLY schema and have the super user  perform the same SQL as the operator role (perhaps on alternate days).   Then I could configure that superuser work with all the auto_explain.* settings I could ever want.   As I write this, its clear to me that an extension called "Rogue" is the perfect name that could excise the essential abilities of an extension without obtaining full superuser powers, eh... ur privaledges.   God bless my C if he deems to grant me that mission.