Re: recovery.conf changes whitout restart

Ok. Thank you for your answers.

Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel <fhagur@xxxxxxxxx>, 14 Mar 2019 Per, 13:09 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
> Le jeu. 14 mars 2019 à 09:13, Amine Tengilimoglu <aminetengilimoglu@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>>
>>   Hi all;
>>
>>       Is there any way that have effect  primary conn info changes whitout restart in pg?
>> I want to keep going after change the primary conn info in recovery.conf. But we need to restart it...Is there any way to do it?
>>

> No, you have to restart PostgreSQL.

One thing I do in production is to use a DNS CNAME to point to the
desired origin, so I can change the CNAME destination and just drop
the old connection, standby PostgreSQL will catchup in the new otigin
without restart. Create the replication slot beforehand in the new
origin is useful and, obviously, do not forget to drop it in the old
one.

Flavio Gurgel