Re: inserts take longer and longer

> we have a developer who is doing
> batch inserts 20 at a time and each subsequent batch is taking
> longer to the point where it is a critical problem. I recently changed
> the out of the box config to see if that would help but it hasn’t:

I recollect reading something few years ago, but not able to place my finger on the issue. IIRC it was something to do with the inserting session creating a HOT bloat because vaccum could not do anything on that live session.  I will try to search for that post.  But the symptoms were similar to yours.  Initially good performance and then getting slower and slower.

Q: Is it straight insert or you do select or updates also along with insert.