Re: change bigint column to int

Hi Mariel,

After changing the column bigint to int size get reduced.

But it has two huge and interrelated problems: locking and time. This approach locks the table for as long as the command takes to run. And by lock, taking a heavy “access exclusive” lock which shuts everything else out of the table. If your table is small, this is not an issue.