Re: Comparison between Postgres-XC, Pgcluster-ii, BDR-1.07,Xdb Replication Server,Bucardo

Hi All,

I am looking for Active-Active clustering(HA) in Postgres along with DR.
Totally planning for HADR in postgres. I gone through the above mentioned
tools. Confused which one to rely on.

Can anyone help me in understanding the comparison between the above
mentioned tools on the following grounds:
<http://www.postgresql-archive.org/file/t351175/bdrfeaturematrix_gjpztch.jpg>

Even Though good at understanding each tool separately, I think it is better
to build a comparison matrix on the common criteria, please provide me the
inputs for the following :

1	Supports(MMR/SMR; with/without updatable target)
2	Source Environments(OS pre-requisites)
3	Target Environments(OS pre-requisites)
4	Latency
5	Resiliency
6	Ease of Use
7	External Tools/Plugins Used
8	Administration Interface
9	Advantages
10	Disadvantages
11	Minimum DB Version
12	Throughput(transactions-per-second/no.of.clients)
13	Limitations
14	Workload
15	CPU Overhead
16	Cost
17	Suitable
18	Failover
19	Network Required
20	Distance(if any)
21	Replication Protocol
22	Filtering(Selective Replication)
23	Filtering(Selective Replication) Done at(Source/Target)
24	Suitable for(Uni-Directional/Bi-Directional)
25	Writability on Master
26	Writablity on Slave
27	Native/ Third party
28	Synchronization modes(Synchronous/Asynchronous)
29	Data Level of Replication(Changes are replicated in Block/Page level or
Row level ?)
30	Master-Slave/Master-Master Relationship(one to many or one to one)
31	Transactional Consistency(Guaranteed or not?)
32     Licensed/Opensource
33     Official Installation & Setup guide(if any)

We are trying to choose one among the above mentioned tools based on the
above mentioned(33) criterias. Please help me to choose the best out of
this. I will be gladful if I could the all the 33 criterias like above
image(which gives me/many people a concrete solution when going for HADR in
postgres).

Looking forward to hear from you.   Thank you in Advance.

Regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html