Re: [External] standby replication server throws invalid memory alloc request size , does not start up

On Jun 28, 2018, at 12:36 PM, Andres Freund <andres@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How are you making the inference that that's the problem? It could very
well be a postgres bug or somebody having used pg_resetxlog or.. ?

Is this to me? Most RAID controllers I’ve seen have been setup with write back for performance and also they also seem to have faulty batteries.

I’m merely stating that the I/O path needs to be validated to insure fsync() actually works — otherwise a power failure will introduce data corruption without doubt.

We know the event was occurred after a power failure; and that event would not have corrupted Postgres in a properly configured system; thus, pointing to a misconfiguration in the system.