Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 9:28 AM, pavan95 <pavan.postgresdba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm searching a way to detect postgresql corruption on a daily basis. Please
> provide me

If you haven’t already (show data_checksums); I would recommend turning on data checksums to allow Postgres to detect i/o data corruption issues.

If it’s not enabled then you’ll have to reinit your database:  initdb —data-checksums …

I would be very concerned why you feel the need to check for corruption and would question your platform.  The only time I’ve seen corruption was due to a disk subsystem problem which data-checksums should help flush out for you or a Postgres bug which would normally gets bubbled up via the application and/or the logs.

Make sure you have good backups; there really is no script that going to solve a faulty disk subsystem or other disaster.