Re: Logical Replication

On 10/10/17 05:43, pinker wrote:

Hi,
I'm just trying out new feature - logical replication. It works great
between 10 and 10, but I would like to try between different major version.
Documentation says it's possible : /Replicating between different major
versions of PostgreSQL/, but I cannot find any post with setup examples
(yes, I did google search :).
Do you know maybe where can I find it?
If I would like to replicate 9.4 to 10 it means I need to install pglogical?
or it's happening through fdw for instance?

I think the docs mean that logical replication works between different versions of Postgres - provided they both have the logical replication code! So you will be able to run it between version 10 and 11 for instance.

With respect to 9.4 - you probably need to discuss using pglogical with the EDB guys (ISTM that it is slightly different from the logical replication code in version 10).

Another thing that puzzles me:
I have created 2 identical publications what resulted in the data
duplication. Is it intended to work this way? or maybe some checks will
appear later on?

Probably worth raising this as a bug.

regards

Mark