Re: Repeating autovacuum

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Ertan Küçükoğlu <ertan.kucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No autovacuum parameters are changed or used. They are all remarked as in
default config file.

I wonder if that is a normal behavior as system is idle.

​See "autovacuum_naptime (integer)"

Its "auto" vacuum which means it runs (nearly) continuously looking for things to do.

I suppose that in theory it could operate in a kind of "wait/notify" mode where every DDL against the database wakes the daemon otherwise it stays asleep.  I recall some work being done a number of years back on making the system more energy efficient during no-activity periods - but there are trade-offs to consider here for which I am not up-to-speed on the specifics.

It would be interesting to see the timestamps on those log entries...

David J.